Corporate Social Responsibility
Commitment to community development is at the nucleus of operations of the LASCO Affiliated Companies. Indeed, giving back to the community has become a consistent way of life for the team at LASCO, during the 25 years of the company’s existence. It is therefore no surprise that the name LASCO is not only synonymous with quality nutrition, great taste and affordability, but with socio-economic development.
Over the years, the company has rewarded and publicized the contributions of patriotic Jamaicans, through its annual Police, Nurse, Teacher and Principal of the Year programmes. LASCO values its comprehensive role as a good corporate citizens and has contributed to a number of corporate social responsibility efforts, in the following categories:
- Title sponsor of the Releaf Environment Awareness Programme (REAP), an environmental awareness programme in primary level schools.
- Partnership with the Minister of Education (MoE) for the hosting of the annual LASCO/MoE Teacher and Principal of the Year programme.
- Sponsorship of the annual School’s Challenge Quiz – a competition geared at enhancing academic development of high school students.
- Adoption of Basic Schools – Collins Close & Gwen Neil Basic Schools.
- School Feeding Programmes
- Donation of copies of its ‘Cooking with LASCO Cookbook’ to the Jamaica Library Service.
DO YOU KNOW A WELL-DESERVING TEACHER OR PRINCIPAL? THEN, NOMINATE THEM TODAY.
CLICK BELOW FOR THE 2017 TEACHER AND PRINCIPAL OF THE YEAR NOMINATION AND EVALUATION FORMS
- Promotion of the elimination of discrimination against persons with HIV/AIDS. LASCO is a Founding Member of the Jamaica Business Council on HIV/AIDS, which formulates strategies to eliminate stigma in the workplace against persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Donations to the Haematology and Dialysis Units of the University Hospital of the West Indies
- Sponsorship of International Nurses’ Day in May and Nurses’ Week in July.
- Partnership with the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) in the hosting of the LASCO/JCF Police of the Year programme.
- Sponsorship of the American International School of Kingston (ASIK) Fifa Tournament
- Participation in Sagicor Sigma Corporate Run